by Jennifer L Abel PhD
Do you worry too much? Feel anxious, stressed, or tired? This deck provides you with 56 useful and effective anti-anxiety strategies to help you relax. Based in cognitive therapy, mindfulness, relaxation and behavioral therapy, each card will help you melt worry and anxiety quickly and easily.
Includes three types of cards:
- Thinking cards represent cognitive therapy, which directly changes your thoughts to worry less.
- Relaxing cards represent strategies that relax your body and your worried mind.
- Doing cards represent behavioral therapy which helps your change your habits and behaviors to effectively manage worry.
- Being Mindful cards help you increase awareness and acceptance and be in the moment.
- Seek out funny people. Watch comedians on TV or YouTube®, or watch movies that you find funny. Then when you're worried or anxious, bring a humorous moment to mind.
- Let go of any tenseness you don't need right now. Stand for a few moments, with the least amount of muscle tension. Use this strategy throughout the day regardless of your activity.
- Leave your work space and enjoy a break. Research proves we are so much more productive after one, that we quickly make up the time.
Dr. Jennifer L. Abel specializes in the treatment of anxiety disorders and is a worry management expert. Dr. Abel, a respected clinician and author whose clinical practice is located in St. Louis, MO. is an international speaker who trains other professionals to treat generalized anxiety disorder (the worry disorder) and other anxiety disorders. Dr. Abel’s books Active Relaxation and Treatment Resistant Worry, Anxiety, and Panic receive high praise from experts in the field and readers alike.
Additional Product Info
|Topics:||Anxiety & Fear, Stress, Thinking & Cognition, Mindfulness|
|Recommended ages:||Ages 15 through Adult|
|Grade level:||Grades 10+|
CHOKING HAZARD - small parts
Not for children 3 years or under