Runtime: 5 hours, 42 minutes
Mindfulness is more than just breathing, and so is this workshop! Be prepared for an experiential day learning mindfulness techniques including awareness, movement, games, play, and creative/expressive activities that can be practiced by young people and adults alike. You will learn:
- Proven techniques for depression, ADHD, anxiety, anger, acting out, trauma and more…..
- Mood boosters for depression include movement such as mindful walking, yoga, and qi-gong
- Proven practices for ADHD, executive function and impulse control disorders include “urge surfing,” “STOP,” “SLOW” , “SIFT” and more
- Skills to soothe trauma and anxiety like “seeking stillness,” “touchpoints,” and “four elements” practices will be taught and practiced as a group
- Skills that build emotional and social intelligence, including mindfulness of music, listening and body awareness exercises
Join author and mindfulness expert, Christopher Willard, Psy.D., in this engaging workshop! He will share personal and professional anecdotes from his experience as a working psychologist from inner-city schools to college campuses, from Harvard Medical School to teen meditation retreats. This workshop inspires, but more importantly empowers you with the tools you need to offer mindfulness practices to young people in practical yet engaging ways.
Additional Product Info
|Recommended ages:||Not specified. See product description.|
|Country of manufacture:||USA|
CHOKING HAZARD - small parts
Not for children 3 years or under