By: Tonia Caselman, Joshua Cantwell and Jeff Pfohl
Using a past/present/future "orbit," this unique board game allows players to identify past successes, be mindful of the present, and plan for the future, all elements of good impulse control! Not only does the content of the game use best practice impulse control techniques, the actual process of the game play itself uses best practices as it requires that players reflect and look ahead while moving around the game board. Players will benefit from the game by:
- Gaining insight into their impulsuive behaviors
- Examining consequences of impulsive behaviors
- Practicing mindfulness
- Planning/looking ahead
- Identifying successes
- Laminated game board
- Four (4) time machine game pieces
- Three (3) sets of playing cards
- Three (3) sets of coins
- Instructions plus two (2) reproducible worksheets
Comes in a polybag. No box is included.
- In the future, if you are faced with the problem of finding a job, what are 3 possible solutions?
- Why is it good to think of the future consequences of an action before doing it?
- Close your eyes and think about all the places where your body is touching something (i.e. the chair, the floor, etc)
Additional Product Info
|Topics:||Impulse Control / ADHD|
|Recommended ages:||Ages 7 through 11|
|Grade level:||Grades 2 through 6|
|Players:||2 - 4|
CHOKING HAZARD - small parts
Not for children 3 years or under