Young adolescents will learn:
- Become aware of how their level of self-esteem affects their lives.
- See the relationship between their self-esteem and the kinds of choices they make.
- Become aware of many of the things that they and other people do that either enhance or undermine their self- esteem.
- Learn some ways to enhance their self-esteem.
- Become sensitized to the ways they affect the self-esteem of others.
This program tells young people that every one of them is important and worthy, that what they do matters, and that they owe it to themselves to do and be their very best. We consider where high and low self-esteem come from, how our actions and choices either diminish or enhance our self-esteem, how to deal with external factors that affect our self-esteem, and how we affect the self-esteem of others.
About the Big Changes Big Choices Series
In Big Changes, Big Choices comedian/teen counselor Michael Pritchard helps young adolescents discover that they have the power and the responsibility to make the right choices for themselves. The TV cameras follow him to middle schools in different regions of the U.S. as he thrills his young listeners with unusual humor about growing up, and engages groups of teens in highly productive problem-solving sessions about serious issues that affect their lives.
Each volume in the series is approximately 25 minutes in length. A printable teaching guide is included on each video which contains discussion questions, writing assignments, and follow-up activities that support the lesson.
Additional Product Info
|Recommended ages:||Not specified. See product description.|
|Country of manufacture:||USA|
CHOKING HAZARD - small parts
Not for children 3 years or under