by Melissa L Holland, Jessica Malmberg, Gretchen Gimpel Peacock
Presenting interventions that are practical, effective, and easy to implement in educational and clinical settings, this book addresses the most frequently encountered emotional and behavioral problems in 3- to 6-year-olds. Strategies for collaborating with parents are emphasized. Practitioners are taken step by step through assessing and treating conduct problems, anxiety and other internalizing problems, and everyday concerns involving toileting, eating, and sleep. User-friendly features include 36 reproducible parent handouts, assessment forms, and other clinical tools; the print book has a large-size format with lay-flat binding for easy photocopying. Purchasers get access to a Web page where they can download and print the reproducible materials.
New to This Edition:
- Reflects over a decade of research advances, plus new assessments and interventions.
- Updated for DSM-5.
- Chapter on intervention within a multi-tiered system of support (MTSS).
- Chapter on referral procedures for complex problems.
- Mindfulness techniques for both parents and children.
- Cutting-edge ways to use acceptance and commitment therapy principles and motivational interviewing with parents.
- 23 new or revised reproducible tools.
Paperback, 256 pages, ISBN: 9781462529346