by Russell A Barkley
A perennial bestseller from a leading authority, this book provides an effective 10-step program for training parents in child behavior management skills (ages 2 to 12). Professionals get proven tools to help parents understand the causes of noncompliant, defiant, oppositional, or socially hostile behavior at home or in school; take systematic steps to reduce it; and reinforce positive change.
Comprehensive assessment guidelines are included. In a large-size format for easy photocopying, the volume features numerous reproducible parent handouts and two rating scales (the Home Situations Questionnaire and the School Situations Questionnaire). Purchasers get access to a Web page where they can download and print the reproducible materials.
New to This Edition:
- Reflects 15 years of research advances and the author's ongoing clinical experience.
- Fully updated model of the nature and causes of oppositional defiant disorder (ODD).
- Revised assessment tools and recommendations.
- The latest data on the program's effectiveness.
- Spanish-language versions of the parent forms are available online for downloading and printing (www.guilford.com/p/barkley4).
See also the related title for parents: Your Defiant Child, Second Edition: Eight Steps to Better Behavior. For a teen focus, see also Defiant Teens, Second Edition (for professionals), and Your Defiant Teen, Second Edition (for parents), by Russell A. Barkley and Arthur L. Robin.
Paperback, 228 pages, ISBN: 9781462509508