by Arden Martenz
18 Ready-To-Use Small-Group Counseling Groups
Problems that originate in a group setting are best solved in a group setting and those are 95% of the situations with which elementary counselors are faced. The answer, then, is small-group counseling.
Small groups take time to develop. Defining the goals of each session and deciding what to include in each session takes time. Here is where Groups To Go will be a lifesaver.
Groups To Go is a compilation of eighteen four- to eight-session groups divided into nine topics. Each session is laid out with its purpose, materials needed, and a step-by-step session plan.
The topics and their two groups are:
- Academic Improvement: Time Management & Underachieving Students
- At-Risk Behaviors: Uncooperative Behaviors & Stress
- Decision Making: Developing Decision-Making Skills & Peer Pressure
- Divorce: The Feelings And Realities Of Divorce & Dealing With The Problems Of Divorce
- Grief and Loss: Coping With A Death & Somewhere Over The Rainbow
- Respect: Self-Respect & Respect For Authority
- Self-Confidence: Developing Self-Confidence Through Drama & Human Relationships and Self-Confidence
- Social Skills: Everyday Social Skills & Friendship
- Test-Taking: Controlling Test-Taking Feelings & Test-Taking Techniques
With Groups To Go, you are ready to offer your students a variety of small groups that cover the most-needed topics in today’s schools.
Paperback, 240 pages, ISBN: 9781575431437
Additional Product Info
|Recommended ages:||Ages 8 through 10|
|Grade level:||Grades 3 through 5|