by Rebecca C Schmidy M.Ed.
Grades K-5. 140+ forms, posters, student activity sheets, and parent handouts at your fingertips. This counselor-created book can help you with individuals, teachers, parents, small groups, and classroom guidance programs. It includes sections on:
- Behavior Management: Includes individual, bus, and classroom behavior plans as well as forms for communicating with teachers
- Small-Group Counseling: Includes descriptions of the small groups offered, parental permission forms, and follow-up parent letters
- Organizational Skills: Includes a parental permission form, a student evaluation form, and weekly organization update forms
- Bullying: Includes student information sheets, a parent interview form, and an idea for anonymously reporting bullies
- Self-Esteem: Includes student activity sheets, sample lesson plans for PK-5, and a parent-involvement activity
- Friendship: Includes student activity sheets, a parent letter, a classroom friendship plan, and posters
- Career Awareness: Includes plans for Career Day and a school store
- Drug Awareness: Includes a parent letter for Red Ribbon Week and plans for a “Locked-In” On Refusing Drugs activity
- Staff Support: Includes information on setting up and running a S.M.I.L.E. committee with teacher volunteers and checklists for interns
- Counselor Forms: Includes forms for permitting interns to work with students, reporting suspected child abuse, and counselor evaluation forms for use with administrators, teachers, parents, and staff. If you find that some of the information on the forms does not fit your particular situation, you may adapt them using the provided CD containing editable Microsoft Word® files of many of the letters/forms found in this book. Also included are color PDF files of the posters and worksheets. These ready-to-use forms may be reproduced as is or adapted to fit your needs. In either case, the time saved by having Counselors’ Pages at your fingertips will be invaluable.
The included CD features PDFs of color versions of the reproducible pages found in the book and Microsoft Word® files: These text-only files were provided for those counselors who wish to design their own forms and letters, but do not want to re-type the entire page. Not every page is included as a document file. The CD includes only forms/letters that may need modification to suit your individual needs.
Paperback, 240 pages, ISBN: 9781575431406
Additional Product Info
|Recommended ages:||Ages 5 through 10|
|Grade level:||Grades K through 5|