by Meagan N Houston PhD SAP
The most comprehensive, practical and user-friendly workbook to help save lives.
Developed from years of working with the most challenging suicidal cases, Dr. Meagan N. Houston has created a workbook to prepare you for all the intricacies that affect clients’ choices to live or die.
Treating Suicidal Clients & Self-Harm Behaviors is filled with proven assessments, unique worksheets and action-based methods to help your clients navigate and survive the turbulent periods of their lives where suicidal and/or self-harm behaviors appear to be their primary options to cope. This complete resource also includes underlying etiology, varying life factors, and mental health concerns that influence suicidal and self-destructive behaviors. Inside you will find:
- Downloadable assessments, worksheets and guides
- Therapy approaches for Non-Suicidal Self-Injury (NSSI) and suicidal behavior
- Applying crisis management skills, DBT and CBT to treatment
- Ethical and legal issues related to working with suicidal behavior
- Incorporating technology into treatment
- Case examples
- Specific strategies for working with children and adolescents, veterans, military personnel, LGBTQI, and the elderly
Additional Product Info
|Recommended Ages:||Not specified. See product description.|