by Debra Burdick LCSWR
Finally -- a comprehensive, practical and user-friendly mindfulness resource written specifically for children and adolescents. Best-selling mindfulness author Debra Burdick has blended the latest research and best practices to create this straight-forward guide for improving self-awareness, self-regulation skills, mental health, and social connectedness in kids and teens.
This expertly crafted resource features a collection of more than 150 proven tools and techniques, presented in a simple, step-by-step skill building format. Perfect for mental health practitioners, teachers and all in the helping professions.
- Tools for explaining mindfulness and neurobiology in kids' language
- Activities, games, and meditations that build basic through advanced mindfulness skills
- Step-by-step instruction on teaching and practicing mindfulness, meditation and reflection
- Guidance on choosing age appropriate skills
- How to apply mindfulness skills to specific childhood mental health disorders
- Journal prompts to help integrate learning
- Goal-setting charts for tracking progress
- Downloadable worksheets, exercises and reflections