These guides and stories enable teachers, parents and professionals to recognize the unresolved feelings behind a child's behavior and to respond correctly to help.
Each guidebook focuses on a key feeling and is written in very user-friendly language. The exercises, tasks and ideas for things to say and do are specifically designed to help children think about, express and process the feeling to the point of resolution.
Helping Children with Fear is a guidebook to help children who:
- Worry a lot or exhibit signs of ongoing anxiety
- Experience the world as an unsafe place
- Suffer from phobias, obsessions or nightmares
- Are scared to tell someone that they are scared
- Know a terrible loneliness
- Feel insignificant in a world of adult giants
- Feel defeated by life or need help in being assertive
- Feel so impotent that their only way to feel any potency is to be mute