by Tara Delaney MS TR/L, Mary Hamrick MA CCC-SLP
Over 105 Strategies, Activities and Sensory Tools for Children and Adolescents
Nationally recognized experts Tara Delaney, OTR/L and Mary Hamrick, CCC-SLP have designed this revolutionary workbook to help professionals use the sensory system to teach complex social skills and build self-awareness in children with autism, sensory processing disorder and learning disabilities.
This new framework for developing a dynamic social skills program using the sensory system is a way to explore why kids react the way they do socially. With this framework in mind, professionals can build on children’s self-awareness and social acumen.
- Sensory-based activities for teaching social skills
- Visualization strategies to prepare for social interactions
- Step-by-step program for groups or therapy sessions
- Activities to address both non-cognitive and cognitive aptitude of being social
- Downloadable worksheets and activities
- Can be used by teachers, professionals and parents
- Bonus - includes 15 lessons that easily fit within a school calendar
Paperback, 139 pages, ISBN: 9781559570244
Additional Product Info
|Recommended ages:||Not specified. See product description.|