by Courtney Rios
Counselors are often faced with children who do not want to talk or who are unsure of how to express themselves.
Drawing activities help children recognize, express, and talk about their feelings and situations they are facing. Draw Your World offers 37 reproducible drawing pages on relevant topics including:
7 BEHAVIOR PAGES
- I Get SO Angry!
- Being Respectful
- Sharing with Others
- Let’s Be Honest and more!
11 SCHOOL-RELATED PAGES
- First Day of School
- Riding the Bus
- Different is Okay (Diversity)
- Volcanic Mouth (Blurting Out)
- Tattling and more!
13 HOME-RELATED PAGES
- Family Changes (General)
- Where I Live? (Divorce)
- Brothers and Sisters (Sibling Conflict)
- I Miss My Special Pet (Death of a Pet)
6 GENERAL ISSUES PAGES
- Reaching for the Stars (Goals)
- Something Bad Happened (Trauma)
- Mirroring Me (Reflection) and more!
Once the drawings are completed and discussed, the counselor will have a better understanding of the child’s perception of the situation and be able to help the child create solutions. A CD is included for reproduction of each page in black and white or in color.
Paperback, 48 pages, ISBN: 9781575433080
Additional Product Info
|Recommended ages:||Ages 5 through 10|
|Grade level:||Grades K through 5|