This product is currently out of stock, order now and it will ship as soon as it's available.
by Garry Landreth
This DVD is a perfect complement to Play Therapy: The Art of the Relationship, giving students, instructors, supervisors, and practitioners visual reinforcement of the material presented in the text.
It shows a complete and unrehearsed play therapy session, featuring Garry Landreth as he works with a young girl in a fully eqipped play therapy room. The video illustrates the Child Centered Play Therapy approach by demonstrating:
- The process of building a relationship with the child
- Following the child’s lead
- Facilitating the development of the child’s strengths
- Responding to accidents in the playroom
- Building a child’s self-esteem
- Returning responsibility to the child
- Participating in a child’s play without structuring
- Empowering the child
- Dealing with a child reluctant to leave the playroom
Landreth provides audio commentary throughout to highlight key moments in the session and emphasize the basic principles of the child centered approach. Viewers will find watching this master therapist and pioneer of play therapy to be a unique and valuable teaching and learning opportunity.
Additional Product Info
|Recommended ages:||Not specified. See product description.|
|Country of manufacture:||USA|
CHOKING HAZARD - small parts
Not for children 3 years or under