on orders over $49.
* Economy shipping to continental USA only.
Need it by October 23rd?
Order in the next 59 hours and upgrade to 2 Day Shipping at checkout.
by Charles E Schaefer, Heidi Gerard Kaduson
This highly practical book presents current developments in play therapy, including innovative applications for particular problems and populations. Contributors first discuss the latest ideas and techniques emerging from object relations, experiential, dynamic, and narrative perspectives. Next, research evaluating the effectiveness of play interventions is reviewed in detail.
The book's third and largest section demonstrates creative approaches for helping children deal with a variety of adverse circumstances: homelessness, family problems, sexual abuse, social aggression, natural disasters, and more. Throughout, rich case illustrations enhance the book's utility for clinicians.
Table of contents:
1. Object Relations Play Therapy: Applications to Attachment Problems and Relational Trauma, Helen E. Benedict
2. Experiential Play Therapy, Carol C. Norton and Byron E. Norton
3. Dynamic Play Therapy, Steve Harvey
4. Narrative Play Therapy, Ann Cattanach
5. Evaluating the Effectiveness of Theraplay, Herbert H. G. Wettig, Ulrike Franke, and Bess Sirmon Fjordbak
6. Evidence-Based Play Therapy, Dee C. Ray
7. "I'm Rich": Play Therapy with Children Who Are Homeless, Jennifer Baggerly
8. Treatment of Sexually Abused Children, Mary Margaret Kelly and Hope C. Odenwalt
9. Play Therapy for Girls Displaying Social Aggression, Myra M. Lawrence, Kristin Condon, Kathryn S. Jacobi, and Emily Nicholson
10. Culturally Competent Play Therapy with the Mexican American Child and Family, Roberto Robles
11. CLAYtherapy: The Clinical Application of Clay with Children, Paul R. White
12. Time-Limited Play Therapy to Enhance Resiliency in Children, Debra May
13. Coping with Disaster: Psychosocial Interventions for Children in International Disaster Relief, Erika Felix, David Bond, and Janine Shelby